Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Recent Drawings



These are but a few of the drawings I have been doing during the last few weeks. This is the sort of automatic doodle-drawing that I do during lectures, meetings, on the plane, etc.

The first two are 11" x 14", the rest are smaller at about 8" x 10".  They are an accompaniment to my paintings.  As such, a recent artist statement (posted below) serves as a general description of what is going on here.  The only difference is that rather than responding to a prepared (decalced) surface, the jitter of my hand sets-up the "given" layer I then mould and intensify, growing forms as I go, little by little, aware of a general flow of visual force but open to incidentals along the way. They are not drawings for any later purpose, not models for paintings, etc.

All were drawn on watercolor paper with .03 drawing pens.

















No comments:

Post a Comment