Sunday, September 15, 2013

A yellow-ochre panel

And so it begins.  This one is on my office-studio wall @ about 40" x 48".   I have a matching panel that I will start along with this one next week.

I like to keep something going there to work on during off moments.  I have found that I can accomplish a surprising amount of work in this fashion.  Counter-intutitive, I know, since I really have little privacy there unless I close the door, and I do so value the solitude in my studio, but it seems to work this way for me too.  Will post progress shots as available.  This one is very young, little more than a beginning...but I like the palette and the flow.  I am sure shapes and forms will be asserted in due course.

Palette: naples yellow, yellow ochre, raw sienna, hits of paynes grey, transparent burnt sienna, green-gold, unbleached titanium white.


No comments:

Post a Comment