Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Los Amarillos (Nickel Azo Yellow)

Started today: Los Amarillos, 2013, 24" x 30, acrylic on canvas

Palette:  Nickel Azo Yellow, Paynes Grey, Alizarin Crimson, Unbleached Titanium White and Naples Yellow.

I have had a productive run of studio work since returning from finishing the large mural in Costa Rica in July.  This one makes the 15th painted work plus other drawings (see below), including the very large blue Cadence piece documented below as well.   This yellow one is the smallest of the group.  Not sure why the work is going so smoothly right now but I want to push it further.  I have two 4' x 7' pieces grounded on my studio floor that will likely develop after I return from NYC in a few days.  Until then I will draw and perhaps do a few watercolors.

The recent artist statement (link) at the right still pertains.

Los Amarillos, 2013, 24" x 30, acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment